Care and maintenance of your Kodanska glass products
At Kodanska we pride ourselves in creating hand crafted products of the highest quality. We never compromise on material nor the finished product. Therefore, we have created a small guide which can help you care for your products helping to ensure the longest lifetime possible.
Wash and care
All Kodanska products are suitable for dishwasher use on the delicate wash program. We recommend using the special program for glass at low temperature below 40 degrees Celsius. With this you will be able to keep you glass looking beautiful longer.
Avoid calcium residue on your glass products
Calcium exists naturally in water and is one of the most common causes of white spots or glass disease on glass ware. Typically this comes from dish washing where the glass is exposed to a basic treatment from the soap.
Advice for avoiding white spots and calcium residue
- Ensure dosing of salt, rinse aid and dishwasher detergent separately according to the hardness of the water
- Wash at a temperature no greater than 40 degrees celcius
- Choose a short wash program
- Use coarse salt as fine salt can gather in the machine and make it difficult for the machine to dose the salt correctly
- As soon as the washing machine is finished open the door to let out the steam
- If you are at home when your wash is finished consider wiping your glass products off with a cloth
- Place your glass products face up when storing, as moisture may build up when faced down causing calcium build up
The water hardness can typicall be found on your water company’s website.
Already have white spots on your glass products?
Place the glass in citric acid or vinegar water overnight. If the white residue does not disappear, it is calcium residue which can be avoided by following the above advice. If the treatment is not effective your products may have corroded suffering from glass disease and no further treatment will be possible.
This is how you clear calcium residue from your carafe
If your carafe has calcium residue in the bottom, here are a few good advice for how to make it look good again.
- Fill up the carafe with a couple of spoon fulls of unboiled rice two deciliter of household vinegar. Shake the carafe and repeat the process until the calcium has disappeared.
- Use the juice from a lemon to cover the calcium affected area. Let it sit for 8-10 hours depending on the severity of the calcium.
- Mix lukewarm water with 1-2 teaspoons of baking powder to cover the affected area. Let it sit overnight and rinse.
- Put juice in your carafe and place it in the fridge overnight. The calcium residue will disappear due to the acidic content of the juice.
If you have any questions regarding your products, care or maintenance please contact us directly.
We hope you enjoy your Kodanska products.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]